Moo Bunny Amiga - thread "Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist"
underwater bunnies (2002)

Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

Direct link to this message

Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

jorkany. jorkany.

(67.8.60.217) [67.8.60.217]
Shocking!

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35910&forum=2#668991
"At least A-EON exists, while the same can't be said for Commodore"

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

dammy. damocles@thenostromo.com.

(65.9.226.95) [65.9.226.95]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, jorkany wrote:
> Shocking!
>
>
> http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35910&forum=2#668991
> "At least A-EON exists, while the same can't be said for Commodore"

ROFL, that's a keeper.

Dammy

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Dammy: The Only One Who Can't See The Irony In What He Says

Only Me.... C.R.A.P.co.uk.

(94.13.40.21) [94.13.40.21]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, dammy wrote:
>
> ROFL, that's a keeper.
>
> Dammy
>
>

Not as much of a keeper as this classic of your in your Amiga.org blog...

http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?b=415

The NostroDammmy Predictions For 2012...

2012 is going to be a very strange year. Many things will be set in motion in world, it's going to be one of the most unusual years of our entire lives. Many things that will be happening will be by men who have long planned these world changes. I can't call them good, can't really call them evil, just self centered power mongers who don't care how much the world has to suffer, they just want power over the entire world. Be prepared to live without money as it will be worthless beginning by this time next year unless you are buying the elites' money, gold and silver. The three things to look out for is oil hitting $150-$200USD @ barrel as the middle east oil dries up from social unrest, the EURO collapse followed in two weeks time the USD's collapse followed by massive inflation rates making the USD worthless as the Weimar Replubic's Mark was in 1919. The misery of this shift will be felt until 2015 or 2016 as the new world economy is formed out the ashes of once was America's economic superpower status with China taking the new role. There is no doubt now why the Global Elites have been shifting manufacturing jobs out of the US and financially supporting the Progressives to saddle the US budget with more entitlements, it is to snuff out the last of America's spirit to succeed under a mountain of debt that can never be paid back.

Not all that will be happening in 2012 will be bad. In our little community, the changes that began this year will go into overdrive. Our dying little tidal pool that was shrinking by the day under the unforgiving Sun, will have had full repatriotation with the mighty ocean. What things people had thought was unattainable or out right fraud will have the crushing realization of a reality check forced on them. The big fish that ruled our tiny little tidal pool will be forced to live life in the shadows of the large ocean creatures. With this relentless paradigm change, the environment will offer new fertile areas for new and returning developers to make their mark and profit from it as the months roll by the sediment settles to the bottom or swept out to the sea.


You don't happen to use the Mayan Calender to keep track of time do you (or for CUSA annual sales figures)... ROFL

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

Gk. M@t-ol.de.

(176.3.51.60) [176.3.51.60]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, jorkany wrote:
> Shocking!
>
>
> http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35910&forum=2#668991
> "At least A-EON exists, while the same can't be said for Commodore"
>

i don't know all the details of the name licencing process around CUSA but I'm shure they sold more computers than A-Eon did.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

-. -.

(173.224.119.174) [173.224.119.174]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, jorkany wrote:
> > Shocking!
> >
> >
> > http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35910&forum=2#668991
> > "At least A-EON exists, while the same can't be said for Commodore"
> >
>
> i don't know all the details of the name licencing process around CUSA but
> I'm shure they sold more computers than A-Eon did.
>

How dare you say that CUSA = Commodore! You should be ashamed! This is much worse than swearing in church. It's no wonder that Jack packed his bag and went to the eternal hunting fields!

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

Gk. M@t-ol.de.

(176.3.152.100) [176.3.152.100]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, - wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, jorkany wrote:
> > > Shocking!
> > >
> > >
> > > http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35910&forum=2#668991
> > > "At least A-EON exists, while the same can't be said for Commodore"
> > >
> >
> > i don't know all the details of the name licencing process around CUSA but
> > I'm shure they sold more computers than A-Eon did.
> >
>
> How dare you say that CUSA = Commodore! You should be ashamed! This is much
> worse than swearing in church. It's no wonder that Jack packed his bag and
> went to the eternal hunting fields!
>

The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid they are acting when it comes to names..

Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like IBM . It might have a doubtfull touch how Barry act when he was searching for the company with the name licence , Tramiel would have done the same.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

B-CNet. .@....

(67.128.249.218) 67.128.249.218
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
>
> The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> they are acting when it comes to names..
>
> Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> IBM .

Actually, it was named CBM way back in 1955. I doubt that IBM had much to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_International#Founding_and_early_years

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

Rob. ..

(82.21.187.151) cpc2-neww1-0-0-cust918.cdif.cable.ntl.com
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, B-CNet wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> >
> > The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> > they are acting when it comes to names..
> >
> > Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> > IBM .
>
> Actually, it was named CBM way back in 1955. I doubt that IBM had much to
> do with it.
>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_International#Founding_and_early_years
>

Yeah because IBM didn't come into being until 1924. Oh hang on, 1924 precedes 1955 by some number of years.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

thebilgerat. ..

(50.53.200.253) [50.53.200.253]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Rob wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, B-CNet wrote:
> > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> > >
> > > The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> > > they are acting when it comes to names..
> > >
> > > Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> > > IBM .
> >
> > Actually, it was named CBM way back in 1955. I doubt that IBM had much to
> > do with it.
> >
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_International#Founding_and_early_years
> >
>
> Yeah because IBM didn't come into being until 1924. Oh hang on, 1924
> precedes 1955 by some number of years.
>

Beat me to it.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

-. -.

(173.224.119.174) [173.224.119.174]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, - wrote:
> > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> > > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, jorkany wrote:
> > > > Shocking!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35910&forum=2#668991
> > > > "At least A-EON exists, while the same can't be said for Commodore"
> > > >
> > >
> > > i don't know all the details of the name licencing process around CUSA but
> > > I'm shure they sold more computers than A-Eon did.
> > >
> >
> > How dare you say that CUSA = Commodore! You should be ashamed! This is much
> > worse than swearing in church. It's no wonder that Jack packed his bag and
> > went to the eternal hunting fields!
> >
>
> The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> they are acting when it comes to names..

> Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> IBM . It might have a doubtfull touch how Barry act when he was searching
> for the company with the name licence , Tramiel would have done the same.
>

Silly comparison! He spent 31 years building up the company and then see it get mangled in 28 years, CUSA was the dot over the i and killed him!

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

GK. m@t-ol.de.

(93.207.27.17) [93.207.27.17]
On Thursday, Jun 14, 2012, - wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, - wrote:


> > > How dare you say that CUSA = Commodore! You should be ashamed! This is much
> > > worse than swearing in church. It's no wonder that Jack packed his bag and
> > > went to the eternal hunting fields!
> > >
> >
> > The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> > they are acting when it comes to names..
>
> > Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> > IBM . It might have a doubtfull touch how Barry act when he was searching
> > for the company with the name licence , Tramiel would have done the same.
> >
>
> Silly comparison! He spent 31 years building up the company and then see it
> get mangled in 28 years, CUSA was the dot over the i and killed him!

LOL ! You must be a fool if you really believed what you where writing, Jack Tramiel bought and rebuilt Atari to be the biggest competitor to Commodore in the home computer market. Jack Tramiel was the one who tried to ruin the Amiga company before it was bought by Commodore.

The worst thing about the name follower zealots is how stupid they are ackting when it comes to names ... Jack Tramiel was no saint, he was a clever and mercyless business man and not a creator of long lasting high tech computer plattforms. Tramiel was someone who tried to rule the market with cheap designed computers, that should beat the competitors by price and not by technology.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

-. -.

(173.224.119.174) [173.224.119.174]
On Thursday, Jun 14, 2012, GK wrote:
> On Thursday, Jun 14, 2012, - wrote:
> > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> > > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, - wrote:
>
>
> > > > How dare you say that CUSA = Commodore! You should be ashamed! This is much
> > > > worse than swearing in church. It's no wonder that Jack packed his bag and
> > > > went to the eternal hunting fields!
> > > >
> > >
> > > The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> > > they are acting when it comes to names..
> >
> > > Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> > > IBM . It might have a doubtfull touch how Barry act when he was searching
> > > for the company with the name licence , Tramiel would have done the same.
> > >
> >
> > Silly comparison! He spent 31 years building up the company and then see it
> > get mangled in 28 years, CUSA was the dot over the i and killed him!
>
> LOL ! You must be a fool if you really believed what you where writing,
> Jack Tramiel bought and rebuilt Atari to be the biggest competitor to
> Commodore in the home computer market. Jack Tramiel was the one who tried
> to ruin the Amiga company before it was bought by Commodore.
>
> The worst thing about the name follower zealots is how stupid they are
> ackting when it comes to names ... Jack Tramiel was no saint, he was a
> clever and mercyless business man and not a creator of long lasting high
> tech computer plattforms. Tramiel was someone who tried to rule the market
> with cheap designed computers, that should beat the competitors by price
> and not by technology.
>

OK, maybe this was Jack Tramiel time since he and his son, Sam Tremiel killed Jay Miner. But who killed Sam Tremiel in 1995? Jack himself, Stress, The Japaneses?

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

B-CNet. .@....

(67.128.249.218) 67.128.249.218
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Rob wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, B-CNet wrote:
> >
> > Actually, it was named CBM way back in 1955. I doubt that IBM had much to
> > do with it.
> >
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_International#Founding_and_early_years
> >
>
> Yeah because IBM didn't come into being until 1924. Oh hang on, 1924
> precedes 1955 by some number of years.

Commodore was Commodore Business Machines for many, many years before they ever had a sniff of being in the computer business (they were mainly typewriter repair, if I recall, then added calculators). Naming the company Commodore Business Machines had ZERO to do with IBM, no matter when IBM was founded.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

GK. m@t-ol.de.

(93.207.23.79) [93.207.23.79]
On Thursday, Jun 14, 2012, B-CNet wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Rob wrote:
> > On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, B-CNet wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, it was named CBM way back in 1955. I doubt that IBM had much to
> > > do with it.
> > >
> > >
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_International#Founding_and_early_years
> > >
> >
> > Yeah because IBM didn't come into being until 1924. Oh hang on, 1924
> > precedes 1955 by some number of years.
>
> Commodore was Commodore Business Machines for many, many years before they
> ever had a sniff of being in the computer business ...

IBM was IBM for many, many years before the computer even was invented. They sold typewriters and mechanical calculators and other "Business Machines" exactly like CBM.

Reply to this
Direct link to this message

Re: Paging Dammy: Commodore does not exist

c. @.

(210.185.13.35) [210.185.13.35]
On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, B-CNet wrote:
> On Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012, Gk wrote:
> >
> > The worst thing about the name follower zealots is the fact how stupid
> > they are acting when it comes to names..
> >
> > Jack Tramiel called the company CBM because it sounded cl, and nearly like
> > IBM .
>
> Actually, it was named CBM way back in 1955. I doubt that IBM had much to
> do with it.
>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_International#Founding_and_early_years

So, named after the Opel Commodore - before the Opel Commodore existed...

Named to sound a bit like IBM seems reasonable, but he wouldn't be able to say that. So says an obvious untruth instead.

Reply to this

Short list view

Previous thread - Next thread

Back to Moo Bunny